Monday, March 16, 2009

Few things disturb me longer than usual

One such thing happened in Delhi few months back.

I was in a car waiting at a signal and few kids were doing their own thing to get money from the ones in the car. These children were not more than ten years of age and one among them was a very small kid. Hardly 4years. And I sat there with my eyes brimming with tears.


They are kids for gods sake! At their age I was probably having a good time listening to my grandmother's stories or playing with my brother. Not doing somersaults to get money from unknown faces. What really hit me was the fact that people could actually be blind to the raw reality before their eyes. While I was here secretly wiping away tears, there was a couple on a bike and the lady was all praises for how cute the boys performed! I was completely numb!

When did everyone become so insensitive? Do I actually live in such a society?

I have no answers!

5 comments:

Sathej said...

True..sadly, there are people around who have the 'touched' part of their mind always turned off! And yes, certain things continue to be disturbing for the mind for long.

Hope you're doing good..been a while since an update..

Sathej

Sathej said...

Hope you're doing fine..been a while..

Sathej

Mathangi's Space said...

I lived in Pune a year ago.. I gave old clothes to those living on the road side many times but I never saw them wearing those even once..then one of my friend showed me that horrible thing... We just hid ourselves after donating them a bag full of clothes.. the kids were excited to wear that and started fighting for it between themselves... after sometime their mom or someone an elderly lady came hit them hard at the back and immediately told them that it was for selling and took the clothes away..The next day I saw the same kid running without his pants and shirt and begging on the road side..Where do these people vanish just during election times???I hope they are given roti,kapda and makaan during those days and then they return to their normal footpath life once election is over shivering in their tents and running for water ....It is so horrible to look at it........

Voracious Blog Reader said...

Hello Mathangi,

Why have you stopped blogging? I read almost all of your posts.

I will try to comment on them at my earliest. I like your point of view on various subjects. Very rare to find such people in this world today whose heart beats for the needy people.

Voracious Blog Reader

Mathangi Thiagarajan said...

@ sathej

Thanks. I'm doing well :)

@mathangi

This whole begging is a big business, ain't it? Hope such situation changes in the future...

@ Voracious Blog Reader
Welcome here :) thank u for the comments. I'll try to blog more often.